NEW YORK (December 5, 2013) – The United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA) announced the 2014 Board of Directors, five of whom serve as the associations’ Executive Committee, at it’s Annual Conference & Marketplace, December 5-7 at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ.
“Last year was pivotal for our association, as we reached major milestones in both advocacy and awareness,” said Terry Dale, president and CEO of USTOA. “As we continue to focus on these areas with even stronger efforts, I’m confident USTOA will thrive under the guidance and leadership of an exceptional Board of Directors. The coming year promises to be an exciting one for our membership.”
Heading the Executive Committee as Chairman will be Jerre Fuqua, CTC, president, TRAVCOA and YMT Vacations, joined by: Paula Twidale, executive vice president, Collette Vacations, as vice chair; Dana Santucci, vice president, EF Institute for Cultural Exchange/Go Ahead Tours, as treasurer; Harry Dalgaard, president, Avanti Destinations, as secretary and marketing committee chair; and John Hanratty, senior vice president, Mark Travel Corporation, as immediate past chair.
Additionally, two new members round-out USTOA’s 2014 Board of Directors, who include: (*indicates newly elected)
- William Sennott, senior director business analytics and research, Ambassadors Group Inc. and USTOA safety and health committee chair
- Peter Schaefer, general counsel, Mark Travel Corporation & Affiliated Companies and USTOA government and industry affairs committee chair - Roger Mahil, chairman & CEO, SITA World Tours and USTOA associate member advisory committee co-chair
- Dan Mahar, CEO, Tauck - Bob Drumm, president, General Tours World Traveler
- Scott Nisbett, president & CEO, Globus family of brands - Larry Kwan, president, Pacific Delight Tours
- Charlie Ball, president, Princess Cruises and Tours
- Olle Olsson, founder and chairman, Explorica*
- Linda Springmann, vice president - Alaska marketing, Holland America Line and USTOA associate member advisory committee co-chair *
For more information on USTOA, visit www.ustoa.com, call 212.599.6599 or email email@example.com.
Representing more than $11 billion in revenue, the member companies of U.S. Tour Operators Association provide tours, packages and custom arrangements that allow six million travelers annually unparalleled access, insider knowledge, peace-of-mind, value and freedom to enjoy destinations and experiences across the entire globe. Each member company has met the travel industry’s highest standards, including participation in the USTOA’s Travelers Assistance Program, which protects consumer payments up to $1 million if the company goes out of business.
As a voice for the tour operator industry for more than 40 years, USTOA also provides education and assistance for consumers and travel agents.
Gina Sisco/Liz Carty
Redpoint Marketing PR., Inc.
A travel vacation should not only be an unforgettable experience, but offer solid peace of mind. That’s why USTOA created a consumer protection fund which protects consumers who book with our Active Members.Learn More