USTOA News

USTOA In Travel Agent Central

Published Jun 24, 2020 12:00AM


Nearly two-thirds (64 percent) of responding United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA) members have seen an increase in bookings in the last 30 days. That’s according to the latest findings from surveys of its Tour Operator Active Members and destination management Associate Members about post-COVID-19 plans for recovery and the resumption of business. Twenty-nine percent have seen no change in bookings during this timeframe and the remaining 7 percent reported a decrease in bookings.

As a follow-up, USTOA asked when new passengers are booked to travel, based solely on bookings made in the last 30 to 60 days. Active Members reported the following:

Roughly 41 percent of respondents report that they have new passenger bookings scheduled for travel in the fourth quarter of 2020, while 15 percent have bookings made for the third quarter of 2020
Three-fourths (76 percent) of Active Members are reporting new travel bookings for the second quarter of 2021
Half (51 percent) report new bookings being made for Q1 2021 travel and two-thirds (63 percent) say they have received bookings for Q3 or Q4 of 2021 travel
Roughly 12 percent of members report new passenger bookings for 2022
Nearly three-fourths (71 percent) of current Active Member traveler bookings are to international destinations, with the remaining 29 percent of traveler bookings to North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico). According to Terry Dale, USTOA president and CEO, “This reveals a slight increase in demand for North America product compared to the survey USTOA conducted in May, which reported North America travel bookings representing 20 percent of business.”

Read Full Article Here

SHARE THIS

Latest USTOA Blog Posts


Exploring Iceland’s Golden Circle
Exploring Iceland’s Golden Circle By YMT Vacations Iceland’s Golden Circle is one of the world’s most impressive day trips. The route from Reyjkavic to Iceland’s three biggest attractions highlights the dramatic natural beauty of the rugged island nation, connecting geysers, waterfalls, and the collision point of two vast continents. With countless sightseeing opportunities and dining… Read More
What’s New in Culinary?
What’s New in Culinary? By Chef Bernhard F. Zorn, Culinary Director for Uniworld Boutique River Cruises  Over the last year, cooking at home has become more popular than ever before. Online recipe sharing and food deliveries have taken off since the start of the pandemic began. As a chef myself, not much has changed, though I… Read More
Best Wildlife Experiences with African Travel, Inc. That Go Beyond Your Big Five Bucket List
Best Wildlife Experiences with African Travel, Inc. That Go Beyond Your Big Five Bucket List By Chelsea Todaro of African Travel Wildlife in Africa is so vast and plentiful, it’s sometimes hard to choose where you can find the best animal encounters.  Whether it’s the big five, exotic birds, desert roamers, or aquatic life you’re searching for, an African safari will… Read More
USTOA $1 Million
Travelers Assistance Program

A travel vacation should not only be an unforgettable experience, but offer solid peace of mind. That’s why USTOA created a consumer protection fund which protects consumers who book with our Active Members.

Learn More

Our website is set to allow the use of cookies — for more information click here. If you consent to cookies please click "Proceed" or simply continue browsing